Fire Breaks Out At Mukuru Kwa Njenga Slum
A huge fire has broken out at Mukuru kwa Njenga slums in Nairobi County.
Nairobi County Firefighting team is yet to respond to the alert by the residents.
The Kenya Redcross has revealed through a tweet that a team is en route to the location.
From pictures and videos seen by Kenyans.co.ke, residents can be seen trying to mitigate the fire that appears to be spreading rapidly.
The cause of the fire is yet to be established but an eyewitness claims that a transformer has exploded, causing a power blackout.
Millions worth of property is feared to be destroyed by the raging fire near Muhidi Mweusi Supermarket.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has been pledging faster disaster response but that has often been put to the test by raging fires that continue to rob city residents of their lives, homes, properties, and businesses.
Two fire engines from Nairobi County Government have arrived to put out the fire but narrow access roads and windy weather have made it difficult to contain.
No casualties have been reported yet though many have been turned homeless.
More to follow
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm