Courts Orders Arrest of Police Officer Investigating Evans Kidero's Son
The Court has ordered the arrest of a police officer investigating ex-Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero’s son, Ronald Odhiambo.
The warrant of arrest was issued to Serious Crimes Unit commander Obadiah Kuria by Milimani Law Courts Chief Magistrate Francis Andayi on Monday.
The arrest of constable Vincent Langat was ordered after he failed to serve Ronald’s lawyers with witness statements and material the prosecution intended to depend on during his trial.
The court noted that the material was supposed to be supplied within two weeks after plea taking and before the mention of the case.
The hearing was set to start on September 24 but the trial couldn't begin until the defence received the documents.
Justice Andanyi issued the directive to Kuria after state counsel Kajuju Kirimi revealed that Central Police Station OCS Simon Kerich had declined to effect the order.
Kerich, the OCS, told the state counsel that Langat is not based at the Central Police Station.
Langat had held Kidero's son at the station before he was presented to the court for plea taking.
The son of the embattled Nairobi ex-governor was charged with storage of adulterated fuel at his petrol station at Ridgeways along Kiambu Road.
He denied the charges on August 10 before Justice Andayi and is out on bond pending trial.
- November 12, 2018 - 7:53 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 8:23 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 7:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:04 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:58 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 2:17 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 1:28 pm