GSU officers have been redeployed to Wiper Leader Kalonzo Musyoka's Karen home following the reinstating of his security detail.
According to reports by the Nation, the opposition leader's rural homes in Yatta and Tseikuru have also had administration police officers manning the compounds.
Kalonzo also received an enhanced mobile security detail including a car with a siren to clear traffic.
The news comes after it was revealed that the Wiper leader would head peace talks in South Sudan replacing former Botswana President Festus Mogae.
Similarly, during his father's burial ceremony in Tseikuru last week, President Uhuru Kenyatta hinted at handing Kalonzo new duties in the government.
"My brother Kalonzo should (also) help us to bring the country together and foster peace for all Kenyans and even internationally. Every leader has something to contribute. All we need is to give each other space and respect one another!” President Kenyatta conveyed.
At the same time, the Wiper leader declared that he was ready to serve as the president's high-hand man.
"I think I will be Uhuru's errand boy from today henceforth and when someone asks me what I am doing, they will know I am as stubborn as my father," he affirmed.
Kalonzo had his security withdrawn at the height of the 2017 polls where together with Raila Odinga, he sought to unseat President Kenyatta from the executive office.
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am
- declined26 September 2020 - 7:23 am
- double standards25 September 2020 - 7:58 pm
- unfortunate25 September 2020 - 7:30 pm
- please consider25 September 2020 - 7:03 pm
- heckled25 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Terrified25 September 2020 - 6:14 pm
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm