Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua on Tuesday ordered the withholding of salaries of the county's ward representatives (MCAs).
The County chief directed his Finance minister not to release the funds to the county assembly until they approve the County Integrated Development Plan.
Reports indicate that as a result of the directive, several ward reps are yet to receive their October salaries reflecting the continued wrangles between the Governor and the MCAs.
Speaking at Mutituni and Machakos Central wards, Mutua indicated that the MCAs do not deserve to be paid because they have blocked the release of development funds.
"The members of the county assembly who are fighting me approved their own salaries but failed to approve money for development.
"I have said they should also not get their salaries if they will not approve money for development," Mutua remarked as reported by Nation.
He further accused the ward legislators of not being mindful of the electorate noting that bursaries for needy students had been delayed because of the stalemate.
County Assembly Speaker Florence Mwangangi, however, blasted Mutua indicating that the county has been receiving development funds from the Treasury.
"The Controller of Budget has been releasing money for development even without the CIDP.
"It is total lies for the Executive to say that it has no money for development," she quipped.
According to the Speaker, the Executive should be put to task to explain what it has done with the Ksh2.5 billion released by the Treasury so far.
"Which development projects have they undertaken from July to October 2018 to match that amount of money?" Mwangangi posed.fight
- Storm Out20 October 2021 - 10:23 am
- Exemplary20 October 2021 - 11:12 am
- unfortunate20 October 2021 - 9:33 am
- Clash20 October 2021 - 10:08 am
- Mysterious Fire20 October 2021 - 8:23 am
- Take Action20 October 2021 - 7:33 am
- Triumphant Entry19 October 2021 - 7:54 pm
- REVOKED19 October 2021 - 7:40 pm
- revealed19 October 2021 - 7:18 pm
- Ambitious19 October 2021 - 6:59 pm
- New Direction19 October 2021 - 6:08 pm
- Intervened19 October 2021 - 6:19 pm