2018 KCPE Results to be Released in Mombasa
The Ministry of Education and the examination council, KNEC, will release the 2018 KCPE results on Monday at Star of the Sea School, Mombasa County at 1 p.m.
The Kenya National Examination Council and Education CS Amina Mohammed are set to announce the results of the exams done three weeks ago.
On Sunday, in what appeared to be the slip of the tongue, President Uhuru Kenyatta hinted that the KCPE results were ready for release.
In the 2017 KCPE results, the top candidate scored 455 out of 500 marks. About 9,846 pupils scored at least 400 marks.
Goldalyn Kakuya, of St Anne Junior Lubao, Kakamega County, emerged as the top candidate in 2017 KCPE exams.
KNEC Chairman George Magoha led the council in the purchase of 20 machines at a cost of Kshs100 million to speed up the marking of scripts.
Last year, 4,000 candidates less scored below 100 marks compared to the previous year. There were no cases of cancelled results.
This year, candidates are expected to receive letters of admission to various secondary schools before Christmas.
Nex year, schools open on January 2 and admissions shall be initiated thereafter as the government focuses on ensuring 100 per cent transition rates.
- 20 September 2019 - 7:50 am
- 20 September 2019 - 7:22 am
- 19 September 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:46 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 8:26 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:16 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:25 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:00 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:12 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 4:40 pm