Deputy President William Ruto has been approved by the University of Nairobi to graduate with a doctorate degree on December 21, 2018.
Ruto, who was a student in the School of Biological Sciences was pursuing a Ph.D. in Plant Ecology.
He joined UoN in August 2012 and was supposed to graduate in 2016 but wasn’t approved since he did not meet the required threshold.
The DP’s Thesis that qualified him was a study on the 'Influence of Human Activities on Land Use Changes on Environmental Quality of Riparian Ecosystems'.
The case study he used covered Saiwa Swamp watershed, which is located in Western Kenya.
Ruto is among the six students from the university’s School of Health Sciences and Humanities waiting to receive their doctorate degrees.
Having met the required standards to graduate this year, he was approved to join the list of graduands by a Senate meeting chaired by Vice-chancellor Peter Mbithi.
As required by the university, the DP's work has already been published in two notable journals.
They include the International Journal of Research in Environmental Science and the Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution.
Ruto, who has been seen to show a keen interest in education, has a bachelors degree in Botany and Zoology and a masters degree in Plant Ecology.
- Order5 December 2022 - 7:33 pm
- Convicted5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Unraveled5 December 2022 - 4:58 pm
- On the spot5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Ordeal5 December 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Nabbed5 December 2022 - 3:43 pm
- Reunion5 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Transition5 December 2022 - 3:15 pm
- tragic5 December 2022 - 2:55 pm
- Commonwealth5 December 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Justice5 December 2022 - 2:26 pm
- The Law is Clear5 December 2022 - 4:16 pm