Trolley Pushers Arrested After Passenger Loses Thousands of Dollars at JKIA
Officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on Friday arrested two men at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) after a passenger lost thousands of dollars.
The two were trolley pushers employed by Tropical Promoters, a company that offers the services at the airport.
Kennedy Ochieng (22) and Kevin Ogega (25) were apprehended after a search was conducted.
According to DCI, all the lost cash was recovered.
The agency, however, did not disclose the exact amount that was stolen.
On Friday last week, the DCI arrested a Tanzanian and two other foreigners at the airport alleged to be trafficking drugs.
The identities of the other two foreigners remained undisclosed, with the Tanzanian identified as Msafiri Musa.
Musa allegedly concealed 69 pellets of an unspecified narcotic substance in his rectum hoping to avoid detection.
The three individuals were en route to China and India.
Airport police asserted that security and surveillance at the airport was being constantly improved and monitored.
- 18 January 2020 - 8:41 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 8:06 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 6:58 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 6:10 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 5:18 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 4:55 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 4:36 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 4:00 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 2:57 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 2:30 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 1:48 pm
- 18 January 2020 - 1:01 pm