Esther Ndanu Kioko, a 37-year-old woman from Kitui committed suicide after she was unable to raise school fees for her daughter who was supposed to join Form One.
Ndanu is alleged to have taken her life after her daughter threatened to commit suicide if she missed her place during the form one admission.
According to reports, Ndanu’s daughter attained 396 marks in the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education.
Her good performance had earned her placements to Chogoria Girls High School.
Katulani Administration Police Officer Alfonce Anaswa, while confirming the incident revealed that the mother of three had written a suicide note before she took her life.
In the note, Ndanu expressed her regret in failing to raise the money needed to secure her daughter’s education.
Her body was taken to Kitui Level Four Hospital for preservation till burial arrangements are made.
Well-wishers, on receiving the news have since offered to sponsor the girls’ education.
They are appealing for anyone with details on how to reach her to forward her details to ensure that she does not miss the form one admissions.
- Presidential Interaction9 August 2020 - 11:45 am
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm
- woman of steel8 August 2020 - 4:35 pm