Woman Commits Suicide After Failing to Raise Daughter's School Fees
Esther Ndanu Kioko, a 37-year-old woman from Kitui committed suicide after she was unable to raise school fees for her daughter who was supposed to join Form One.
Ndanu is alleged to have taken her life after her daughter threatened to commit suicide if she missed her place during the form one admission.
According to reports, Ndanu’s daughter attained 396 marks in the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education.
Her good performance had earned her placements to Chogoria Girls High School.
Katulani Administration Police Officer Alfonce Anaswa, while confirming the incident revealed that the mother of three had written a suicide note before she took her life.
In the note, Ndanu expressed her regret in failing to raise the money needed to secure her daughter’s education.
Her body was taken to Kitui Level Four Hospital for preservation till burial arrangements are made.
Well-wishers, on receiving the news have since offered to sponsor the girls’ education.
They are appealing for anyone with details on how to reach her to forward her details to ensure that she does not miss the form one admissions.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm