Police have arrested four armed suspects masquerading as traffic police officers after they hijacked a sugar truck on Wednesday.
The four were apprehended in Homa Bay County along Oyugis – Kosele road in Rachuonyo South sub-county.
They were arrested after carjacking a lorry belonging to Shivling Supermarket on Rongo -Kisii highway on Tuesday night.
The lorry was transporting 200 bags of sugar from Sukari Industries in Ndhiwa subcounty to the supermarket in Kisii town.
The impostors blocked the lorry and ordered driver Brian Owade to stop near Nyachenge trading centre in Kisii, claiming they wanted to inspect the vehicle.
Homa Bay police commander Marius Tum yesterday confirmed the incident adding the impostors ordered the driver out of the vehicle and beat him up.
Owade was found by villagers who rushed him to Lwala Dispensary for first aid before he was transferred to Kisii County Teaching and Referral Hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
Tum said the impostors were nabbed while offloading sugar from the carjacked lorry into their lorry on Kosele – Oyugis road.
According to the commander, police officers also intercepted another vehicle , a Toyota Noah, which the suspects were alleged to have been traveling in.
Both vehicles were impounded and taken to Oyugis Police Station where the four suspects are also being held.
The police boss indicated they could not immediately disclose the names of the suspects as investigations are going on.
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am