Al-Shabaab, on Tuesday, claimed responsibility of the Dusit D2, Riverside attack in Nairobi.
In an interview with Al-Jazeera, a spokesperson of the militia group revealed that they were conducting an operation in Nairobi
"We are currently conducting an operation in Nairobi." stated the spokesperson.
The incident took place at 14 Riverside Drive at the building housing Dusit 2 Hotel and police officers are responding to the calls for help.
Several casualties were reported in the attack with police terming it as not a bank robbery but a terror attack involving active shooters.
Live images from mainstream media show cars burning and people running all for safety.
Police Spokesman Owino has told journalists that the area has been cordoned off.
Director of Criminal of Criminal Investigations George Kinoti is also on the scene.
- New Target2 March 2021 - 7:42 pm
- this is why2 March 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Update2 March 2021 - 6:42 pm
- urgent2 March 2021 - 5:18 pm
- Tragic2 March 2021 - 6:28 pm
- By-election2 March 2021 - 6:16 pm
- Giving Back2 March 2021 - 6:14 pm
- rivalry2 March 2021 - 7:47 pm
- be ready!2 March 2021 - 5:28 pm
- Innovation2 March 2021 - 7:41 pm
- last moments2 March 2021 - 4:22 pm
- caution2 March 2021 - 5:11 pm