Reports indicate that two trucks collided into each other, bursting into flames in Kinwenzi, Makueni County.
“We wish to caution motorists using the Nairobi-Mombasa highway that there is an accident involving two trucks between Machinery and Kambu area,” Read a tweet from the Kenya Police Service page.
No casualties have been reported so far as the drivers of the two trucks were quickly pulled out by members of the public.
Police confirmed that traffic police were already in location to control the situation.
They advised that drivers plying the route use the Old Mombasa- Nairobi road to avoid any inconveniences.
“Traffic Police are already at the scene and are advising motorists to use the old Mombasa- Nairobi road, ”The tweet continued.
Police have since confirmed that the scene of the accident has been cleared.
The accident comes after Four people were killed while 11 others sustained serious injuries, on Friday night, after a matatu collided with a lorry along Meru-Embu Road.
Witnesses claimed that the driver of the lorry hit the matatu that was ferrying 10 people from Nairobi.
Reports indicate that the matatu driver tried to avoid the lorry which seemingly had some mechanical errors to no avail.
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Not Here19 January 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Covid-19 Update19 January 2021 - 6:45 pm
- healthcare boost19 January 2021 - 6:19 pm
- new beginnings19 January 2021 - 5:57 pm
- Backlash19 January 2021 - 6:12 pm
- behind bars19 January 2021 - 5:20 pm
- trouble19 January 2021 - 4:42 pm
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 4:41 pm
- kind hearted19 January 2021 - 3:59 pm
- Relentless19 January 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Beware19 January 2021 - 3:18 pm