A ranking by international body Chambers and Partners has revealed top seven lawyers in dispute resolution in the country.
For the second year running, legal scholar and advocate, Dr. Kariuki Muigua maintained the top spot in the ranking.
The ranking of Dr. Muigua stood out as the only lawyer placed on Band 1 with a mix of ongoing academic and private practice engagements.
Law firms and individual lawyers are listed in bands from 1 (highest)-6 (lowest) and being ranked in any band is a significant achievement.
“I am humbled by the ranking for the second year running which celebrates my Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practice area passion and my scholarly pursuits,” mentioned the arbitrator.
Muigua has been an advocate of the High Court for over 27 years and is a partner practicing at Kariuki Muigua & Co. Advocates.
The recently released list also ranks city lawyers including Senior Counsel George Oraro, John Ohaga, Jonathan Havelock, Karori Kamau, Njeri Kariuki and Njoroge Regeru on Band 1.
According to Chambers and Partners, individual lawyers are ranked in their practice-area(s) on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, their ability, their effectiveness and their client-service.
Chambers and Partners identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 180 jurisdictions throughout the world.
Their rankings are based on the research of more than 170 full-time editors and researchers employed at their head office in London.
- time bomb7 July 2020 - 10:04 am
- rough night7 July 2020 - 9:45 am
- Clobbered7 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- Mourning7 July 2020 - 9:10 am
- running battles7 July 2020 - 9:15 am
- brace yourselves7 July 2020 - 8:45 am
- Our Take7 July 2020 - 8:19 am
- Under Siege7 July 2020 - 7:25 am
- one more hurdle7 July 2020 - 7:34 am
- oops6 July 2020 - 8:57 pm
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm