Uhuru Appoints City Billionaire as Egerton University Chancellor
Kenyan's billionaire, Narendra Raval, has been appointed by President Uhuru Kenyatta as the Chancellor of Egerton University for five years.
Raval replaces Prof Shem Wandiga who had previously been appointed by President Uhuru in 2013. The professor was the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration and Finance, at the University of Nairobi before the appointment.
On Narendra's Twitter page a day ago, the businessman had shared the below photo which he captioned; "Sharing a light moment with Uhuru Kenyatta a while back at the NCCL groundbreaking ceremony in Lukenya," he noted.
"Pictures help us relive the moment," he added.
Naval runs the Devki group which is East Africa's largest building material company.
The company also produces one of Kenya's most popular cement brands, Simba Cement and owns a grinding facility.
In matters education, the businessman launched a program at USIU in 2018.
The United States International University-Africa (USIU-AFRICA) partnered with Devki Steel Mills Limited to launch the Narendra Raval-Guru Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Program.
The program targeted fresh graduates from both public and private Universities in Kenya in order to create their own businesses once done with the initiative.
- 14 December 2019 - 12:42 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 12:58 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 12:22 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 11:12 am
- 14 December 2019 - 11:43 am
- 14 December 2019 - 10:41 am
- 14 December 2019 - 10:21 am
- 14 December 2019 - 8:27 am
- 14 December 2019 - 8:40 am
- 13 December 2019 - 9:19 pm
- 13 December 2019 - 9:00 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 9:48 am