Ex-MP Danson Mungatana Arrested by EACC
Former Garsen MP Danson Mungatana was, on Thursday morning, arrested by EACC officers over fraudulent operations.
He is among 21 suspects set to be charged following investigations carried out by the anti-corruption body.
Among the charges the suspects are facing are; fraudulent acquisition of public property, uttering false documents and dealing with proceeds of crime.
EACC undertook investigations over allegations that Kilifi County Government had fraudulently paid Ksh 51,569,775 to some private companies namely; Daima One Enterprises, Zohali Services Limited, Makegra Supplies Limited, Kilingi Investments Company Limited, Leadership Edge Associated Limited and Johazi Investment Company.
Investigations established that; the stated companies did not offer any services nor supplied goods to the County government of Kilifi in addition to the Local Service Orders (LSO) used were fake as they did not originate from the county government.
Also discovered was that the county government officials processed and approved payments for goods and/or services not delivered.
Six others who have been apprehended together with the former MP are:
1. Benaya Kisaka Mugavana, businessman
2. Lucy Wanjugu Kibogo, businesswoman
3. Josephine Felix Muramba, former principal accountant
4. John Kahindi Kalume, senior accountant
5. Paul Teido Mwazo, deputy, accounting
6. Ebrahim Mwanje Zia, procurement officer
The commission is pursuing the following suspects who are at large;
1. Lennox Mwadzoya Mwasirya, Roads inspector
2. Timothy Malingi Koe, Chief Officer - Medical Services
3. Jacob Kazungu Khonde, senior internal auditor
4. Johnson Nyamawi Gambo, Senior accountant
5. Dickson Mwagone Tembo, county official
6. Daniel Baha Nguma, Chief officer - Agriculture
7. Sarah Wangui Kamau, businesswoman
8. Anne Muthoni Kibogo, businesswoman
9. Mary Munyiva Kamau, businesswoman
10. Kennedy Kario Irungu, businessman
11. Stephen Mutua Ngunzi, businessman
12. Hellen Nzilani Mutisya, businesswoman
13. Kangai Kaari Mwangi, businessman
14. Samuel Mbuku Macharia, businessman
- 25 May 2019 - 10:55 am
- 25 May 2019 - 10:41 am
- 25 May 2019 - 10:02 am
- 25 May 2019 - 8:53 am
- 25 May 2019 - 9:26 am
- 25 May 2019 - 8:44 am
- 25 May 2019 - 7:55 am
- 25 May 2019 - 7:23 am
- 24 May 2019 - 7:34 pm
- 24 May 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 24 May 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 24 May 2019 - 6:04 pm