The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) officers engaged in a chase along the Naivasha highway with a driver who is suspected to have stolen a vehicle.
While on patrol, the officers came across a vehicle that had foreign number plates and instructed the driver to stop his vehicle. However, he declined to stop, going against their instructions.
It is at this point that a chase ensued between the DCI and the suspect near weigh-bridge after which he abandoned his vehicle and disappeared into the bush.
The DCI are probing the matter so that the suspect can be brought to book.
In a similar case, flying squad detectives acted on information they had received on a car theft syndicate and arrested a suspect on Friday at an apartment in Umoja, Nairobi County.
The man, Duncan Ochieng Ouso was arrested for notoriously stealing motor vehicles and repainting them.
On Twitter, the DCI officers confirmed they had confiscated two motor vehicles in the morning raid; a Toyota Premio and a Toyota Wish.
"#FlyingSquad Detectives, acting on information, today arrested one male - Mr. Duncan Ochieng Ouso & confiscated Two motor vehicles; a Toyota Premio & a Toyota Wish. The suspect-notorious for receiving stolen motor vehicles & repainting them-was arrested at an apartment within Umoja," read their tweet.
Ochieng is currently in lawful custody will be arraigned in court on Tuesday and charged appropriately for the offense.
- impressive3 July 2020 - 7:33 pm
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm