Businesswoman Found Dead With Ksh300K Next to Her
A businesswoman, Mary Muturi was on Wednesday found dead in her home in Kiamaina village, Laikipia County and Ksh 300,000 left beside her body.
Muturi's body was found in her bed after neighbours broke into one of her houses in the compound.
Daily Nation reports that the body was found three days after she had communicated with her friends and relatives.
“Her mobile phones went unanswered before going off. We were concerned so we decided to come to her house and establish what the problem was," stated Lydia Wangechi, a friend.
Neighbours revealed that they had last seen her after she was dropped off by a taxi driver at her gate.
Area assistant chief, Stephen Maingi stated that Ms Muturi's main door was locked, hence, they had to break in but they found everything intact.
“We later decided to check another house located within the compound. It was also locked. After breaking in, we found the body in the bed," he narrated.
The assistant chief speculated that she might have been strangled and hit with a blunt object adding that the injuries were visible.
Nyahururu Sub-county police commander, Geoffrey Maiyek cited that the motive of the murder had not yet been established.
The businesswoman's body was taken to Nyahururu County Referral Hospital mortuary.
- 15 September 2019 - 8:23 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:09 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:16 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:27 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 2:53 pm