Nakuru Town East MP David Gikaria Arrested
Nakuru Town East Member of Parliament David Gikaria was, on Saturday, arrested at Pipeline in Nakuru, Nation reports.
According to the publication, the lawmaker was apprehended for leading residents in erecting structures on a disputed parcel of land.
Gikaria was taken to an unknown police station and will be arraigned in court on Monday.
It's not the first time that the legislator has been thrown into prison over land-related matters.
He was arrested on January 28 by officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) over land fraud
Gikaria was charged with one count of conspiracy to defraud and seven counts of forcefully detaining land belonging to three people.
Nakuru DCI Boss Gideon Kibunjia told journalists that the land in question was 0.5 acres.
“The owner’s fence was demolished and there is a house being constructed, however, we do not want to pre-empt, let the judicial process take its course,” he explained.
However, Nakuru West MP Samuel Arama revealed that the land belonged to Gikaria's mother adding that the latter was being harassed.
- 17 September 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 6:29 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:34 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:03 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:57 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 2:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:15 pm