Sabina Chege Narrates Working as a House Help
Murang'a Woman Representative Sabina Chege on Saturday disclosed that she once worked as a house help.
She was speaking during a prize-giving ceremony at Kahuhia Girls High School when she made the revelation.
Chege stated that she was born in a family of nine and she's the last born. However, no one has held any leadership position in her family except her.
"I have made mistakes. I have also gone through a lot of difficult moments. We've never had the chairman of a cattle dip in my family but through God's grace, I am the first one to get to the leadership level.
"In my first attempt, I became the chairperson of the education committee in the whole Republic of Kenya. Right now I'm serving my second term and I am the chairperson of the health committee in the Republic of Kenya" she stated.
Chege went on to reveal that her first job after finishing high school was working a house help.
She later got a job as a broadcaster at Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC).
The lawmaker also had a short stint as an actress. Chege revealed that she played Rehema in popular TV drama Tausi.
"Parents who are here, I know you used to watch Rehema in Tausi. She's the same person who is standing in front of you now as an elected legislator," Chege added.
Here is the video courtesy of Citizen TV:
- 17 September 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 6:29 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:34 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:03 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:57 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 2:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:15 pm