Speaking in Endebess, the fire-spitting legislator stated that Matiang'i should explain why state resources were used to protect the premises where the fake gold was discovered.
"Matiang'i can't explain this. He must step aside. How can you use the General Service Unit (GSU) to safeguard the home of those involved in the criminal activity?
"We saw GSU officers guarding the house where the suspects were arrested. What will you tell us Matiangi? What don't you know? You should not be in charge of the internal security docket," she stated.
Jumwa went on to add that Matiang'i should be summoned by the national security committee to explain himself.
"Matiangi should appear before the security committee and shed light on this matter. We can't let this happen.
You have to tell us what you know about the fake gold scandal that has mentioned many big people, including you," she added.
Speaking at the same function, DP William Ruto told those implicated in the scandal not to involve the government.
“I tell our brothers in the opposition not to import their bad habits to Jubilee; they should shun engaging in dirty deals, corruption and conning others.
"These people who are political conmen turned business conmen should carry their cross alone," he warned.
Watch the video below courtesy of NTV:
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm
- ImageGive Up27 February 2020 - 1:03 pm
- ImageNo show27 February 2020 - 1:41 pm