Central Organization of Trade Unions (COTU) Secretary General Francis Atwoli has denied linking DP William Ruto to the fake gold scam.
Taking to Twitter, the trade unionist urged Kenyans to ignore a fake post that has been doing rounds on social media.
"I would like to ask Kenyans to ignore the statement being circulated online using a parody account under my name.
"I have not personally issued any statement regarding the gold syndicate being investigated," Atwoli wrote.
The fake post claimed that Atwoli had demanded that Ruto should be investigated over his role in the scandal.
"If push comes to shove, we will bear the worst in this diplomatic row unless otherwise the real culprit the DP is investigated," the fake post reads in part.
Some netizens had been led to believe that the post could be real because Atwoli has been attacking the DP Ruto in the last few months over his ambitions to succeed President Uhuru Kenyatta.
However, it seems nothing could be further from the truth since Atwoli has distanced himself from the post.
COTU also sent out a statement through their official social media handles asking Kenyans to treat the post with contempt.
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am
- Think Twice7 August 2020 - 9:52 am
- tragic7 August 2020 - 9:11 am