A fire that broke out in a lodging near Afya center within the Nairobi Central Business District on Tuesday night left three dead after they were burnt beyond recognition.
According to Capital FM news, the fire was caused by a gas cylinder explosion in the area leading to a fire that spread very fast.
Nairobi Police boss Phillip Ndolo confirmed the incident stating that 3 bodies were found by firefighters after searching through the rubble.
He revealed that the bodies, that of a woman and two men, had been burnt beyond recognition.
The police boss added that the police mobilized fire engines which put out the fire.
In yet another incident that occurred on Tuesday morning, a 7-year-old boy died in a fire at Muthurwa market in Nairobi.
Residents claimed that the fire started at around 8am from an electrical fault which spread to two adjacent houses.
The boy is claimed to have been in one of the houses when the fire incident happened.
Residents now want Kenya Power to carry out an inspection of the wiring in the estate.
- RIP10 July 2020 - 1:19 pm
- valid10 July 2020 - 1:05 pm
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am