Youth from Uasin Gishu County treated their mothers to an unforgettable experience after they paid for their trip to Nairobi via a flight.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the 50 elderly women are heard chanting songs, probably to show excitement as some had neither set foot in Nairobi nor seen the inside of a plane.
The women boarded the plane from Eldoret and were headed to Nairobi where they will be visiting the Bomas of Kenya, Safaricom Stadium, the National Assembly as well as the National Park.
The youth were appreciating their mothers for everything they had gone while raising them.
Sources indicated that the idea started with one of the members, who then decided to share it with the rest of his comrades from Moiben village.
"About 30 people embraced the idea. At first we planned to fly our fathers to Nairobi from Eldoret.
"25 people finally managed to raise the required amount and in December 2018, our dads travelled to Nairobi via an airplane where they visited the Nairobi National Park and KASS media studios,” Sosthen Bellat, the organiser stated.
After the successful trip, other colleagues from neighbouring villages showed interest, therefore, another trip to Nairobi for their mothers was organised.
It is then that they raised the funds and booked a plane for their mothers to Nairobi.
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am