Murang'a Woman Representative Sabina Chege, on Friday, shed tears after being heckled during a public rally in her backyard.
In a video that has gone viral on social media, Chege was heard begging the crowd to listen to her. However, her pleas fell on deaf ears as they kept chanting Deputy President William Ruto's name.
"I swear if you were sent by somebody. I beseech you as your county mother, do not disrespect me in front of my guests," she implored amidst tears.
It took the intervention of other female leaders who had attended the rally dubbed 'Embrace' for her to continue with her speech, uninterrupted.
In the clip, Youth and Gender Affairs Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Rachel Shebesh was seen beckoning Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru to help console Chege.
When the crowd calmed down, the second-term MP asked them to allow President Uhuru to complete his tenure.
“Do you love Uhuru or not? Do you want to shame him? Let us let Uhuru do his work, he has three years left and we will support him and his ministers to do their job,” she stated.
The rally, which was held at the Kimorori grounds in Kenol, Murang’a, was meant to show support for the handshake between President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM Party Leader Raila Odinga.
According to various reports, some of the attendees might have taken it to mean that Chege had ditched the DP's camp.
Notably, she has been a strong supporter of Ruto and has attended several rallies with him.
Watch the video below.
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Heartbreaking25 September 2022 - 1:39 pm