A 46-year-old man has been arrested by detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations for taking photos of the Nakuru Law Courts.
The suspect, whose name has not been revealed, is of Somali origin, the Standard reports.
DCI officer David Wangai stated that the accused could be a terror suspect and had been handed over to the Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) in Eldoret for interrogations.
"We are investigating the suspect so as to know why he was taking the photos," Wangai stated.
This comes a few months after a terror suspect was arrested while trying to gain access at Narok stadium during the Madaraka day celebrations.
The suspect, Adan Galhai, had been arrested by military officers as he tried to enter the stadium.
He, however, managed to escape and was re-arrested on June 1, 2019. "He was in the company of another person who managed to escape," read a police report.
While being searched, his National Identity Card and another written National Security were recovered from him. This had raised suspicion on his motive.
The police further established that the suspect had converted to Islam in 2014.
- Imageirate22 February 2020 - 8:50 pm
- ImageStay Away!22 February 2020 - 8:40 pm
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm