A story is told by President Uhuru Kenyatta about what his father, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta, told him the first time he saw First Lady Margaret Kenyatta.
The junior Kenyatta made the revelation during a past Beyond Zero stakeholders forum, where he was introducing his wife.
Uhuru started by showering praises on Margaret, stating that he had attended the function in a supportive role, which was the reason he spoke before her as opposed to what protocol dictates.
"...and also to take this opportunity, which is not normal, to introduce to you a lady I have known for most of my life," Uhuru stated.
"I met her for the first time swimming with my father and my father told me, 'this one looks good'," Uhuru recalled, making the audience burst into laughter.
"And lo! Behold some 20 years later, it came to pass," he added.
"She has been my friend, companion, steadfast supporter. A lady who is humble, quiet, but as I and my children can attest, also firm and when required, but also girly so I have to be very careful," Uhuru went on.
During a past visit to the US, Uhuru hinted that just like many other couples, they have had arguments, adding that the disagreements make marriages exciting.
"Can you imagine if you woke up every day and agreed with everything your wife said, and your wife agreed with everything you said. Wouldn't that be a very boring life?
"It is good some times when we argue because it makes you think. 'Why did she do that this morning? why did he do that this morning?'" the president explained.
- Uber Posh17 May 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Big money play17 May 2021 - 2:44 pm
- Life Hack17 May 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Take note17 May 2021 - 11:36 am
- Opportunity17 May 2021 - 11:39 am
- Groundbreaking17 May 2021 - 10:41 am
- Notch Higher17 May 2021 - 9:43 am
- tragedy17 May 2021 - 8:47 am
- Concern17 May 2021 - 8:15 am
- relocation17 May 2021 - 7:18 am
- Remarkable17 May 2021 - 7:43 am
- Unfortunate16 May 2021 - 7:10 pm