Kwale Woman Representative, Zuleikha Hassan, has stated that she intentionally went with her five-month-old baby to parliament, which led to her being chased out of the house.
In an interview on KTN News, the MP explained that she had gotten fed up with the institution for not being favourable to young mothers.
"I knew it was not allowed but I was fed up and said enough was enough," the MP divulged.
While asked if she was aware that parliament had a crèche, she divulged that she wasn't.
"There is no other Member of Parliament who knows about that room," she remarked.
The Woman Representative added that parliament had taken action to revamp the room, citing that most of the things were new.
"I'm quite happy that parliament reacted very fast because we can see that most things are extremely new. It actually smells new. I doubt anybody has used it," she noted.
On Wednesday, Zuleikha and her lactating 5-month-old baby were kicked out of the house.
While issuing the orders, Chris Omulele, the presiding speaker, maintained that it was against the standing orders of the house for any member to bring along a toddler.
"I had an emergency, I have to come to work, we have two sessions today a morning and afternoon one. In 2013, the PSC passed that we should have a room, a crèche where we can breastfeed our children," Zulekha explained.
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm