The wife of suspected Mombasa drug kingpin, Ali Punjani, was arrested at their palatial home in Nyali.
Ms Karki Sushmi Ja was apprehended alongside two men of Shiva Bashyal and Maloj Rom Nepalese and Indian origin respectively, following the raid at her mansion by Kenyan security agents, during the wee hours of Tuesday morning.
The 24-year-old wife of the drug trafficking suspect was also from Nepal, the Daily Nation reported.
Mombasa County Police Commander, Johnston Ipara, affirmed the incident, adding that the three were detained pending further investigations.
Punjani is still at large, with Ipara disclosing that he was not within his posh residence when the DCI officers trooped into the compound.
The suspect druglord was allegedly so influential and well connected with the higher-ups in Mombasa, that he had been assigned 19 police bodyguards, the Standard reported.
The wanted narco trafficker was first linked to the illegal drug business by a US Embassy dossier that the then Internal Security Minister, George Saitoti, tabled in Parliament, in 2010.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm