Deputy President, William Ruto, on Thursday, responded to Nairobi Governor, Mike Mbuvi Sonko, on his baby mama exposés.
Speaking during the funeral of Chris Adema, son of Ikolomani MP, Bernard Shinali in Kakamega County, the deputy president noted that there was no need to create drama regarding children born out of wedlock.
"Nobody knows for sure who the fathers of any children are, apart from the mothers themselves. Hence, if the mother says that the baby belongs to a particular person, then, that's what holds," Ruto stated, leaving the crowd in stitches.
He noted that it did not matter who the real fathers were, adding that the important discussion is if the children are well taken care of.
"There is no need of all these questions because all these children are our own," he cited.
The Nairobi governor took to his Facebook page to thank the deputy president for his response.
"Thank you Your Excellency for the gentleman's response. Hope we all follow suit," he stated.
On Friday, Sonko revealed that he had received complaints against two Cabinet secretaries, four principal secretaries, seven governors, two presidential candidates, 26 MPs, nine senators, 22 MCAs from various counties and eight prominent businessmen, who have abandoned children they sired out of wedlock.
He announced that he was constituting a legal team to represent the mothers who had filed the complaints.
The governor also disclosed that he would publish the astonishing revelations in the local dailies.
- Revealed17 August 2022 - 8:22 pm
- Repulse17 August 2022 - 7:43 pm
- School Calendar17 August 2022 - 7:25 pm
- So Sad17 August 2022 - 7:10 pm
- Delayed17 August 2022 - 6:58 pm
- His Stance17 August 2022 - 6:17 pm
- Daring17 August 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Take Note17 August 2022 - 5:09 pm
- statement17 August 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Message17 August 2022 - 3:46 pm
- Viral17 August 2022 - 4:05 pm
- ADVICE17 August 2022 - 3:31 pm