Deputy President William Ruto while speaking in Luanda, Vihiga County on Friday called out the media over sentiments made by President Uhuru Kenyatta on Thursday.
The DP stated that the president had expressed himself very clearly and added that people should not twist his words.
“He stated that very well that leadership is not embedded in ones tribe, religion, wealth, nor your background,
“Leadership is based on vision, development agenda and one dedication and commitment to implement programs that improve the lives of Kenyans,
“That is the criteria that voters will use to determine their leaders. Leadership is not based on clans, families communities. We are all equal in the eyes of God,” Ruto noted.
This comes on the backdrop of the presidents speech during the 41st anniversary of the death of the founding father Jomo Kenyatta stated that people should cease the dynasty talk
“When you hear people out there talk about dynasties, sijui mtu fulani ni dynasty, sijui ile dynasty (so and so belongs to this dynasty, or that dynasty). It’s not about that.
“Leadership is not about where you were born or where you came from. It’s not about the colour of your skin or about tribe. Leadership is the desire to serve; the desire to do good and make a difference in the lives of the people," Uhuru spoke.
At the same time, Ruto called on leaders to work together without any political biases “if we are to take Kenya forward”.
He claimed that the profiling of leaders according to their political affiliations was costing the country.
The Deputy President was accompanied by MPs Charles Gimose (Hamisi), Ben Washiali (Mumias East), Mwambu Mabonga (Bumula), Caleb Kositany (Soy), former Vihiga County Governor Moses Akaranga, former Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale, and several Members of County Assembly.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm