Former Kiambu Governor, William Kabogo, on Saturday morning, climbed the Kenyatta University Mortuary gate, in a bid to try and calm down the late Kikuyu musician John De Mathew's fans.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, Kabogo is seen on top of the mortuary gate, trying to assure De Matthew's fans that they will all be allowed to pay their last respects.
"It seems Kabogo has become a policeman," a man's voice is heard saying as he starts laughing.
It is said that it took almost 30 minutes for the former governor to calm the people down.
The musicians' fans are reported to have been arrived at the mortuary as early as 6am.
After two hours, the body of the late musician was moved from the mortuary to Githambia Primary School in Murang’a for the funeral service.
Among leaders present for the funeral ceremony are; Murang'a Women Rep, Sabina Chege, CSs Joe Mucheru (ICT), Mwangi Kiunjuri (Agriculture), James Macharia (Transport), former Jubilee Vice Chairman David Murathe, and former Gatanga MP Peter Kenneth.
The popular benga musician died in a road crash along the Thika Superhighway.
He was headed home after attending a fundraiser for fellow musician, Peter Kagia’s ailing child. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
Below is the video;
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Soaring6 July 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Reactions6 July 2020 - 4:03 pm
- frontliners6 July 2020 - 3:22 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Open Skies6 July 2020 - 1:49 pm
- Explained6 July 2020 - 2:49 pm