Former Kiambu Governor, William Kabogo, on Saturday morning, climbed the Kenyatta University Mortuary gate, in a bid to try and calm down the late Kikuyu musician John De Mathew's fans.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, Kabogo is seen on top of the mortuary gate, trying to assure De Matthew's fans that they will all be allowed to pay their last respects.
"It seems Kabogo has become a policeman," a man's voice is heard saying as he starts laughing.
It is said that it took almost 30 minutes for the former governor to calm the people down.
The musicians' fans are reported to have been arrived at the mortuary as early as 6am.
After two hours, the body of the late musician was moved from the mortuary to Githambia Primary School in Murang’a for the funeral service.
Among leaders present for the funeral ceremony are; Murang'a Women Rep, Sabina Chege, CSs Joe Mucheru (ICT), Mwangi Kiunjuri (Agriculture), James Macharia (Transport), former Jubilee Vice Chairman David Murathe, and former Gatanga MP Peter Kenneth.
The popular benga musician died in a road crash along the Thika Superhighway.
He was headed home after attending a fundraiser for fellow musician, Peter Kagia’s ailing child. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
Below is the video;
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm