A police vehicle was on Sunday night, set ablaze by angry residents after being involved in a grisly road accident.
The unfortunate accident that claimed the lives of two residents, took place at Rwambiti on the Kianyaga-Kutus road in Kirinyaga County.
The police vehicle is reported to have been speeding before running over the two, a Boda Boda rider and his pillion who died on the spot.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, residents angered by the turn of events reacted by setting the government vehicle on fire.
Reports by Citizen Digital disclosed that the boda boda carrying two passengers was trying to overtake another car when it rammed into the oncoming police vehicle at Rwambiti area on the Kutus–Kianyaga road.
Confirming the 8pm incident, Gichugu Deputy OCPD Afred Ng’eno said the boda boda rider died on the spot, while one of the passengers succumbed to injuries at Kerugoya Hospital where the third victim is undergoing treatment.
Following the accident, angry boda boda riders and locals torched the Kianyaga Police Station vehicle.
However, the deputy OCPD blamed the boda boda rider for the fatal crash, insisting that he was drunk during the accident.
He further disclosed that a hunt had been launched for the locals who set the police car on fire.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm