Former Kakamega Senator, Boni Khalwale, on Tuesday, 10 September narrated how he avoided arrest at a Nairobi hotel in 2017.
Speaking during a news show on NTV, he disclosed that he disguised himself as a chef to hide from the officers.
“Do you know the police once upon a time, during the struggle two years ago, they came for me at a city hotel to arrest me at 9.30pm, when I was watching my favourite team Manchester United?" the politician started.
“You know what I decided to do? I told the (hotel) manager ‘they have come for me?’ let them start searching at the hotel. Police should be a little bit sharp.
“I went to the kitchen and put on this gear of cooks and started preparing sizzling chicken. They could not recognise me,” he narrated.
The Daily Nation, however, reported that his recent story was different from a version of events which he had narrated back in 2017, the year he claimed he wore a chef’s uniform to evade arrest.
At the time, Khalwale took to social media and explained that his life was in danger.
“Fellow Kenyans, my life is in imminent danger! last night, at 9:30pm, men in two cars claiming to be from the flying squad stormed a Nairobi hotel to arrest me. They refused to identify themselves to hotel authorities but slaked me up to 2am this morning,” the former senator had told Kenyans.
Khalwale is a regular political pundit who appears on NTV’s morning show AMLive.
He is normally joined by Kiambu Senator Kimani Wamatangi, Rarieda MP Otiende Amollo and former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo as NTV’s Ken Mijungu moderates the debates.
- Power play4 August 2020 - 8:23 am
- costly mistake4 August 2020 - 7:51 am
- what happened4 August 2020 - 7:31 am
- Crackdown4 August 2020 - 7:03 am
- Covid-19 effects3 August 2020 - 7:57 pm
- R.I.P3 August 2020 - 7:34 pm
- Insider3 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- Chaos3 August 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Amazing3 August 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Shattering Ceilings3 August 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Condition3 August 2020 - 2:51 pm
- Alert3 August 2020 - 2:38 pm