The three have been summoned to appear before the Nairobi Children's Court on October 1, to answer to charges of contempt of court.
This is after the aggrieved party, Child Welfare Society of Kenya (CWSK), moved to court to have them held culpable for alleged contempt of court.
The notice of motion from the court, dated September 5, 2019, states that they disobeyed court orders issued on August 30, and served to them the same day, which gagged them from airing the Sins of Saviours investigative feature indefinitely.
While the journalists complied with the court order and did not air the feature, they went ahead and told the viewers why the story couldn't run, an action that CWSK claims to have subjected them to ridicule and condemnation.
During another NTV program called Press Pass, the journalists and other panelists also discussed intimate details concerning the forbidden story.
If found guilty of contempt of court, the journalists face up to six months imprisonment as is mandated by law.
Edmond Nyabola made it clear on September 3, that they went to the court to protest the injunction but the judge who had issued the injunction was absent.
Many Kenyans did not take kindly to the court injunction to halt the broadcast of the feature and were of the view that CWSK was buying time to clean it's house before the feature was made public.
While the feature did not air on NTV, a similar investigative feature aired on KTN's investigative segment The lead.
Immediately after the feature was aired, DPP Noordin Haji directed the Inspector General of Police to investigate allegations of child neglect & misappropriation of public funds at the society.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm