On Wednesday, September 11, Deputy President William Ruto held a meeting with leaders from Kakamega county that left netizens with more questions than answers.
The meeting that the DP never shared on his social media platform as he does often, was brought to light by former Kakamega senator Bonny Khalwale.
According to Khalwale, the meeting was called in order to discuss the development agenda in the region but Kenyans were not buying the narrative one bit.
"Today the top leadership of Kakamega County, Jubilee Party of Kenya, held morning long consultations with the DP, William Ruto at his office. Agenda: Development Projects in Kakamega," Khalwale tweeted.
What irked Kenyans most was the presence of former Sports CS Rashid Echesa whom they felt was out of place on the mention of 'Top leadership'.
"So Rashid Echesa who was sacked for incompetency is a top Leader. Just say u guys went for a paycheque," stated one tweep named Thomas.
Others questioned the absence of the Governor, Senator and other elected leaders from the region in the meeting.
"Development talks should involve the Governor and MP, DP has no development powers, semeni mliendea handout tu (just say you went for handouts)!" Lekishon Leloon stated.
Women on Twitter took issue with the insinuation that the county did not have any women leaders worth the tag 'top leaders' since all attendees were men.
ODM communications director Philip Etale was among those who claimed the DP usually launched unseen projects in Western Kenya.
- cheap politics17 January 2021 - 5:55 pm
- Unfortunate17 January 2021 - 5:35 pm
- Unfortunate17 January 2021 - 4:57 pm
- Fire Back17 January 2021 - 4:09 pm
- Covid-19 Update17 January 2021 - 3:47 pm
- elegant17 January 2021 - 3:37 pm
- End of the Road17 January 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Multimillion Jackpot17 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- Revealed17 January 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Relief17 January 2021 - 1:39 pm
- Reinstated17 January 2021 - 1:10 pm
- whereabouts unknown17 January 2021 - 12:51 pm