Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on Thursday, September 12, was summoned by the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
According to reports by Capital FM, the embattled governor was charged to appear in regards to an ongoing probe on his Saika Two Estate Developers Ltd tax status.
This comes barely seven days after the governor and seven others, among them Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko were reported to be sought after by the taxman.
Past reports by The Standard disclosed that the County Government of Kiambu, under his leadership, never remitted taxes amounting to Ksh3.2 billion.
According to KRA, the county had been deducting taxes from their workforce but failed to remit the same accordingly.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm