Grief engulfed an informal settlement in Nairobi's Industrial Area after a perimeter wall came tumbling down on adjacent shanties in the afternoon of on Thursday, September 12.
Confirming the incident, St. John Ambulance service disclosed that two people had succumbed in the incident.
Several people are reported to have been injured after the wall collapsed.
A team of rescuers from the St John Ambulance have been dispatched to aid in rescue efforts. A child is feared trapped in the rubble.
Additional information from the Kenya Red Cross indicated that the perimeter wall belongs to Indar Singh Gill building, opposite House of Manji along Likoni road.
The emergency response agency added that seven people with multiple injuries have been evacuated to Coptic Hospital while five others treated at the scene.
County Fire Brigade team, Emergency Plus Medical Services and the Kenya Police also supported with search and rescue.
Here are more photos from the scene:
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm