An accident that occurred along the Nairobi-Machakos highway on Wednesday, September 18, left three family members dead.
Citizen Digital reported that the night accident claimed the lives of a father, son and grandson.
It is said that the accident occurred after their vehicle, a saloon car, collided head-on with a 14-seater Nissan matatu.
Samuel Mutunga, a prominent businessman in Machakos, was being driven by his son, Roy Mwendwa, when the fatal accident took place.
Mutunga died on the spot, whereas his son and grandson succumbed to injuries on the course of Thursday, September 19, in hospital.
The driver of the 14-seater matatu also died on the spot.
The bodies of the four were taken to Machakos Hospital mortuary.
Machakos Director of Emergency Services, David Mwongela, stated that fourteen other passengers were injured and rushed to the Machakos Level Five facility.
Those who had suffered minor injuries were taken to the Machakos Level Four Hospital, where they were treated and discharged.
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm