Citizen TV, on Monday, September 30, announced a major change in its Monday-Friday programming from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
From our analysis, the Kilimani-based broadcaster seems to have dropped Machachari show since it did not feature in its line up that is set to take effect on Monday, October 7, 2019.
In the new line up, all local shows that aired at 7:30 p.m. have been moved to 6:30 p.m. and a new permanent show replaced them.
Programmes that will air at 6:30 p.m. include; Inspekta Mwala (Monday), Tahidi High (Tuesday), Johari (a new programme to air Wednesdays), Papa Shirandula (Thursday) and Deceptive Measures (Friday).
In the promo, the leading broadcaster further announced the introduction of new shows that will take up the rest of the slots.
Heart of a champion, a soap opera of sorts, will hit your screens every Monday to Friday at 5:00 p.m.
A new show, Rebeca, will be aired every weekday at 6:00 p.m. while Maria will take up all 7:30 p.m. slots.
It is still not clear why the station resorted to the move as most of our calls and text messages to the station's executives were not aptly answered.
Citizen TV has, for the past two years, been making major changes not just to its scripted shows line up but also the news output.
In 2018, the station raided other leading media houses including NTV and KTN and poached their top talents including managers.
They later overhauled their prime time line up and introduced new revolutionary programmes like News Gang.
- eyes on prize20 April 2021 - 8:04 pm
- jets out20 April 2021 - 7:48 pm
- new pairs of hands20 April 2021 - 6:50 pm
- Alliances20 April 2021 - 6:29 pm
- dissolve20 April 2021 - 5:22 pm
- On the Edge20 April 2021 - 4:48 pm
- hit seat20 April 2021 - 4:25 pm
- update20 April 2021 - 5:41 pm
- New Target20 April 2021 - 3:03 pm
- Explained20 April 2021 - 3:31 pm
- money affair20 April 2021 - 2:32 pm
- Struggling stars20 April 2021 - 1:16 pm