Eliud Kipchoge has etched his name in history after the great run that took place on Saturday, October 12, in Vienna Austria.
Before he left the country for the challenge, however, he had an audience with the Sports Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohammed at Kaptagat Stadium in Elgeyo Marakwet County.
This meeting took place barely a week after Kipchoge had received blessings from Athletics Kenya President Jackson Tuwei to honour his invitation to participate in what was described as a race against time.
The Daily Nation reported on Saturday, October 12, that Kipchoge opened up to the Sports CS about the challenges that athletes face.
"When I visited Kipchoge at his training camp in Kaptagat, I asked him how we could support him, his response was as selfless as his life has been," Amina was quoted.
Amina stated that Kipchoge urged the government to take care of the athletics community by providing avenues for employment and mentorship.
He decried the state of the stadiums and training facilities that athletes had to train in, suggesting that the government should marshall resources to get the athletes a proper facility to hone their skills
He also stated that he was concerned that the number of athletes who were being recruited in the disciplined forces had drastically reduced over time.
Many award-winning athletes in the country are drawn from the Kenya Police and the Kenya Prisons Service.
Amina promised to look into those issues raised in honour of Kipchoge and the athletes that have selflessly flown the country's flag high.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am