Billionaire businessman Jimi Wanjigi has finally spoken on claims that he was planning to gift Eluid Kipchoge with a private jet, that reportedly costs Ksh6.5 billion before tax, for winning the INEOS 1:59 Challenge.
In an interview with Citizen Digital, Wanjigi showered the 34-year-old athlete with praise for flying Kenya's flag high in the event which was held in Vienna, Austria.
"We are proud of Eliud Kipchoge for what he has done for the human race and for Kenya in particular,” he stated.
However, the tycoon revealed that he had no plans of buying a private jet for Kipchoge and dismissed the rumours as untrue.
The claims emerged after a Twitter account - that many thought belonged to Wanjigi - claimed that plans were underway to deliver a jet to the marathoner.
The tweet was published after Kipchoge made history in Vienna on Saturday, October 12.
Several netizens responded to the post and showered Wanjigi with praise for his 'kind gesture'.
However, it has emerged that nothing could be further from the truth.
The business mogul's lawyer, Willis Otieno, told the publication that his client has no social media accounts, meaning that the Twitter page @Jimmywanjigi is fake.
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am