Embakasi MP Babu Owino on Saturday, October 12, stated that he had warned Jubilee Kibra by-election candidate, McDonald Mariga, from seeking the seat.
The MP wrote the statement on his social media after Mariga's campaign convoy was pelted with stones earlier that day.
"I don’t support violence at all but I already told Mariga to leave the race for a fly that does not listen to advice is buried with the corpse. The goat that broke the drum of Kibra people is paying with the skin," he posted.
The lawmaker further adviced Mariga to quit the race and plan for the next election.
"I’m humbly requesting Mariga to leave the race, live to fight another day and plan like Eliud Kipchoge. Let's maintain peace," he advised.
Earlier on Saturday, a rowdy crowd threw stones at a vehicle belonging to Mariga's campaign team. The vehicle had been packed beside a billboard advertising Mariga's candidature for Kibra.
The vehicle, branded with the former footballer's portrait and Jubilee's trademark colours (yellow and red), had its windows smashed and its boot destroyed.
Jubilee Party Head of Communication, Albert Mwemusi, rebuked the incident, noting that the matter would be looked into.
"It is unfortunate that the incident has occurred. We (Jubilee) condemn the incident and assure our members that the incident shall be keenly investigated.
I have liaised with Party Secretary General Raphael Tuju and we are seeking more information from the ground. We are living in the Building Bridges Initiative era (BBI) and this is the worst thing to happen at such a time," he stated.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am