Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) has announced that vehicles plying the Likoni - Lunga Lunga Road in Mombasa have been diverted.
In a statement, the authority noted that vehicles using the said route would be diverted to Lunga Lunga - Kwale - Kombani Road.
The authority explained that the diversion had been necessitated by a damaged culvert at Muhogo, making it difficult for vehicles to use the affected road.
"Following the ongoing rains being experienced at Coast region, motorists are being advised to exercise caution while driving," read an excerpt from the statement.
KeNHA also assured road users that a contractor was already onsite remedying the damage.
In May 2019, the road was closed yet again after it flooded following heavy rainfall.
On Thursday, October 17, four people died after they were swept away by floodwaters following a heavy downpour in Kyaani, Kitui County.
The four were killed after a flooded river swept away their pick-up truck.
It was reported that two people were able to escape.
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm
- taking action6 June 2020 - 12:27 pm