AU Envoy Raila Odinga's wife, Ida Odinga, faced a new hurdle on Monday, October 21, after her son's alleged lover contested a court order requiring a DNA test to be conducted to determine the paternity of her twins.
K24 reported that Phoebe Akinyi Gweno, the mother of twins reportedly sired by Fidel Odinga, objected to the order issued by Justice Aggrey Muchelule on Wednesday, October 16.
Through her lawyer John Sakwa, in court documents dated October 18, Akinyi claimed that the DNA test would "negatively affect her twins psychologically and dehumanize them," and she thus wanted to be part of the case to 'clear the air.'
The twins' mother further stated that she had no interest in Fidel's estate since they were only friends and that this was Ida's scheme to get back at her daughter in law Lwam Bekele.
“The petition is marred with ill and malicious motives creating a tussle with the deceased’s widow on one side and the deceased mother and siblings on the other side,” her affidavit dated October 18, 2019, read in part.
Further, she claimed that Ida had never seen the twins nor supported them and that the Odinga family had not been part of the twins’ lives.
Phoebe, therefore, applied to be enjoined as an interested party in the case pitting Lwam against Ida and her daughter Winnie Odinga.
Ida moved to court to block Fidel's widow Lwam, who had applied for a grant of representation to allow her to run the estate, after the death of her husband on January 4, 2015. Fidel had not left a will behind.
Ida and her daughter Winnie Odinga had moved to court to challenge the grant arguing that it unjustifiably locked out other interested parties to Fidel's estate.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm