An MCA allied to DP William Ruto on Sunday, October 20, found himself on the wrong side after he tried to start a fight at a Mashujaa Day celebrations event.
David Kipkorir Kaboloman, who is the MCA of Saboti ward allegedly engaged in a verbal attack against Saboti MP Caleb Amisi during the Mashujaa day celebrations at Trans Nzoia County.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Amisi stated that he unexpectedly showed up at the event where the MCA was not expecting him to attend and heard Kaboloman bashing the development projects in the area while criticising the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) report.
"I went to the event incognito and that was when he (Kaboloman) had just finished speaking and I caught him unawares. I was given the microphone where I called him out on why he was bashing me," the MP disclosed.
Amisi, who is for the handshake, explained that the bone of contention revolved around the handshake between President Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga adding that he rebuked the MCA for misleading people on the progress of the BBI.
"That is when he charged at me, trying to fight me but he was held back by the people present and by bodyguards were also on high alert. He didn't succeed," Amisi explained.
On his part, Trans Nzoia County Commissioner Sam Ojwang' who was present at the event opined that the commotion did not arise from the BBI rather the manner by which the leader chose to address their issues publicly.
"It wasn't about BBI, it was a question of Amisi telling the MCA stop saying negative things about certain development issues
"Amisi told him off saying there are certain ways of going about settling such disputes," Ojwang told this writer on the phone.
The County commissioner added that the MCA took offence and seemed to be charging at the MP but there are other leaders who stopped him.
"We didn't chase him from the event, we calmed him and warned him if he caused another commotion, we would lock him up," he affirmed.
Here is the video courtesy of NTV:
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Imageno holds barred24 February 2020 - 11:32 am