On Sunday, October 20, President Uhuru Kenyatta was gifted a portrait painting by a local Mombasa artist.
Uhuru was in the company of first lady Margaret Kenyatta, DP William Ruto, and Tourism and Wildlife CS Najib Balala when Zuber Bakrani, a Mombasa-based artist gifted the head of state a portrait painting of his mother, Mama Ngina Kenyatta.
President Kenyatta on October 20, led Kenyans in celebrating the historic Mashujaa Day at the newly regenerated and refurbished Mama Ngina Waterfront Park.
He honoured seven Kenyans whose efforts he termed exemplary.
Uhuru applauded Teacher Peter Tabichi from Keriko Mixed Day Secondary School in Nakuru who clinched the Global Teacher Award earlier this year for his selfless service and excellence that led to his recognition as the world's best teacher.
The head of state also recognized Mekatilili Wa Menza and Ronald Ngala who bravely took part in Kenya's fight for Independence, the late heroine, Professor Wangari Maathai, who inspired the world with her commitment to mother nature
Brigid Kosgei who on October 13 smashed a 16-year world record in the Chicago Marathon was also recognised, and most notable of all was marathon legend Eliud Kipchoge when he was awarded the Elder of the order of the Golden Hearty(EGH).
Later that evening Uhuru was himself gifted a painting of his 'Shujaa', Mama Ngina Kenyatta.
- Uber Posh17 May 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Big money play17 May 2021 - 2:44 pm
- Life Hack17 May 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Take note17 May 2021 - 11:36 am
- Opportunity17 May 2021 - 11:39 am
- Groundbreaking17 May 2021 - 10:41 am
- Notch Higher17 May 2021 - 9:43 am
- tragedy17 May 2021 - 8:47 am
- Concern17 May 2021 - 8:15 am
- relocation17 May 2021 - 7:18 am
- Remarkable17 May 2021 - 7:43 am
- Unfortunate16 May 2021 - 7:10 pm