Celebrated K24 TV anchor Mwanaisha Chidzuga, on Wednesday, October 30, graciously reacted to her lay off by the broadcaster and disclosed the next steps in her career.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the anchor revealed that her contract was scheduled to end in November 2019, and that she was, in fact, a caterer by profession and her engagement with the broadcaster was on a part-time basis.
"For me, K24 TV was part-time. I am a full-time caterer and I own three restaurants. K24 was a hobby and I used to work like 12 hours the whole month," Chidzuga revealed.
She further revealed that she was working for only 12 hours every month as a news anchor and with the gig gone, she was going to fully concentrate on running her three restaurants.
"For me. That was a side hustle, I have my main hustle. Right now, I have three restaurants to run, that is where my focus is and I am opening a new one soon, before the end of the year," she confided.
When asked whether she would further pursue a career in television, Chidzuga plainly answered that she was going to concentrate on her catering business and that the TV job was just a side hustle.
She was reacting to a decision by Mediamax Network Limited to fire a large number of employees including some senior journalists and editors.
Among those who were fired are Franklin Wambugu (Managing Editor, Swahili), Ali Mtenzi (Deputy Managing Editor), Torome Tirike (Head of sports), Tony Timase (Head of Business) Senior Reporter Frankilin Macharia and Swahili Anchor Juma Bhalo.
Chidzuga joined K24 TV in November 2015, after reportedly being fired by KTN while preparing to present a show.
- Imageirate22 February 2020 - 8:50 pm
- ImageStay Away!22 February 2020 - 8:40 pm
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm