Citizen TV has traced a young boy that has wowed many Kenyans with his eloquent use of Swahili after he was captured on camera reporting in the language and imitating reporters from the station.
The Director of Strategy and Innovation Royal Media Services Linus Kaikai, through his social media pages, announced that he has found the boy.
"We've got him! at Citizen TV has traced this talented secondary school student. Thank you all," he posted on Twitter.
In the viral video, the confident boy, Levis Saule, held a microphone manually inscribed with the words 'Citizen TV' as he made a report about Mau Forest.
He impersonated journalists from the station who are tasked with reporting live from location as he effortlessly moved from one story to another.
"Naam Nimrod, nakupokea vyema nikiwa kaunti ya Narok, tukiwa na shughuli ya kuondoa watu katika msitu wa Mau. (Yes Nimrod (a news anchor at the station), I can get you loud and clear from Narok County, where people are being evacuated from Mau Forest)" the young boy mimicked.
He constantly kept touching his earphone, pretending that he was communicating with the director in the studio.
The boy's video went viral, with many complimenting his courage while others asking Citizen TV MD Wachira Waruru to consider hiring him for a teen show.
"Imagine if they actually gave him a job, and he would become the youngest reporter on Citizen TV. Is he 18 yet?" Nyandong probed.
"Nimrod Taabu, please mentor this young lad then send him on his way to BBC Swahili," Michael weighed in.
"This is real talent!. Well done! Great opportunity awaits him," Kipkoskei commented.
Below is the video;
- danger19 October 2020 - 7:53 pm
- rising star19 October 2020 - 6:58 pm
- Moneybags19 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- New Curriculum19 October 2020 - 6:09 pm
- tables turn19 October 2020 - 5:58 pm
- puzzle19 October 2020 - 5:19 pm
- New Turn19 October 2020 - 4:40 pm
- Increase19 October 2020 - 3:32 pm
- costly19 October 2020 - 3:02 pm
- No Service19 October 2020 - 4:09 pm
- Busted19 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Power Grab19 October 2020 - 2:14 pm