Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri has supplied President Uhuru Kenyatta with two conditions that he needs to fulfil before winning Mt Kenya's support.
In a report carried by the Daily Nation on Sunday, November 3, the CS revealed that Mt Kenya residents were ready to support his Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) project with former Prime Minister Raila Odinga but only if it fulfilled their conditions.
Kiunjuri disclosed that the findings of the project had to be fair to everyone countrywide and that the region's representation in the National Assembly should be improved.
"We have no problem with the BBI but it must ensure national resources benefit all people equally.
"All that we want is for all constituencies to have equal representation in the National Assembly. Some constituencies are big and highly populated but have a few MPs," stated Kiunjuri.
The CS was speaking at St Paul Anglican Church in Embu County on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
The leader further urged colleagues to work in harmony explaining that it was the "our region will lag behind in development."
This comes shortly after a section of Mt Kenya leaders fronted the CS as the region's next kingpin expected to take over from President Uhuru Kenyatta.
MPs Kabinga Wathayu (Mwea), Munene Wambugu (Kirinyaga Central) and Zachary Thuku (Kinangop) who fronted the CS described him as a vibrant leader cable of uniting the entire region.
- Massive Shortage1 October 2020 - 8:03 pm
- keynote1 October 2020 - 7:53 pm
- fatal1 October 2020 - 7:49 pm
- Nabbed1 October 2020 - 6:38 pm
- RIP1 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- mass recruitment1 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- Chaos1 October 2020 - 6:00 pm
- command the road1 October 2020 - 5:46 pm
- out of the box1 October 2020 - 4:42 pm
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm