Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri has supplied President Uhuru Kenyatta with two conditions that he needs to fulfil before winning Mt Kenya's support.
In a report carried by the Daily Nation on Sunday, November 3, the CS revealed that Mt Kenya residents were ready to support his Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) project with former Prime Minister Raila Odinga but only if it fulfilled their conditions.
Kiunjuri disclosed that the findings of the project had to be fair to everyone countrywide and that the region's representation in the National Assembly should be improved.
"We have no problem with the BBI but it must ensure national resources benefit all people equally.
"All that we want is for all constituencies to have equal representation in the National Assembly. Some constituencies are big and highly populated but have a few MPs," stated Kiunjuri.
The CS was speaking at St Paul Anglican Church in Embu County on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
The leader further urged colleagues to work in harmony explaining that it was the "our region will lag behind in development."
This comes shortly after a section of Mt Kenya leaders fronted the CS as the region's next kingpin expected to take over from President Uhuru Kenyatta.
MPs Kabinga Wathayu (Mwea), Munene Wambugu (Kirinyaga Central) and Zachary Thuku (Kinangop) who fronted the CS described him as a vibrant leader cable of uniting the entire region.
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am
- Vaccine25 May 2020 - 10:59 am
- Saddening25 May 2020 - 10:07 am
- helping hand25 May 2020 - 9:55 am
- Poisoned25 May 2020 - 8:50 am
- heated25 May 2020 - 8:20 am
- baby fever25 May 2020 - 7:19 am