Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho has been admitted at Mombasa Hospital in the County.
Reports of the governor being hospitalised were known to the public on Friday, November 8, after he was visited by former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Joho's Communication Director, Richard Chacha, confirmed the reports on Friday.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, a correspondent attached to Mombasa County stated that the governor had been ailing since Monday.
He is said to have been suffering from Malaria but is expected to be discharged on Friday, November 8.
The governor was missing from the public eye on Thursday, November 7, during the Kibra by-elections.
He, however, sent his congratulatory message to the ODM Parliamentary candidate Imran Okoth on Friday.
"Congratulations Imran Okoth for the emphatic victory in the Kibra parliamentary by-election. This is a clear demonstration of maturity by Kibra electorate, who defied bribery and intimidation. The ODM Party has once again sent a clear message to our competitors," he wrote on his social media pages.
- new high4 July 2020 - 5:02 pm
- my side4 July 2020 - 4:50 pm
- new job new car4 July 2020 - 4:37 pm
- only the truth4 July 2020 - 3:20 pm
- Power play4 July 2020 - 2:51 pm
- from grass to grace4 July 2020 - 2:38 pm
- square one4 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- Troubled times4 July 2020 - 12:29 pm
- switched lanes4 July 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Facelift4 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- wrap it up4 July 2020 - 11:29 am
- Congrats!4 July 2020 - 11:00 am