Cherangany MP Joshua Kutuny was on Saturday, November 16, booed by rowdy youth, who did not want him to continue with his address.
Sources say that the legislator, who was speaking during an outdoor service at Evangelical Bible Church in Moiben Constituency, Uasin Gishu County, was allegedly bragging about the ODM Party securing the Kibra parliamentary seat when the incident happened.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, bodaboda riders hooted continuously while screaming and causing commotion at the scene.
Kutuny, who was making a speech, could hardly be heard due to noise from the motorcycles' horns.
Taking to his social media platforms, the MP thanked COTU Secretary General Francis Atwoli and Nominated MP Wilson Sossion among other leaders, who had accompanied him to the service.
Further, he stated that the leaders had raised Ksh2 million in aid of the church.
"I took the opportunity to commend Strategic Food Reserve Trust Fund board for working on modalities aimed at improving the prices of maize and addressing other challenges facing farmers," he stated.
On November 1, 2019, former Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale had to face off with youth who ordered him to end his speech in Kibra, during a campaign rally for Jubilee Party's candidate McDonald Mariga.
Khalwale attacked Odinga, blasting him for fighting Mariga's political ambition in Kibra and as he was speaking, the crowd got agitated.
They started gesturing that his time on the podium was over and demanded him to leave. Khalwale tried to calm them and even reverted to speaking the Luhya dialect, but all in vain.
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- edged out8 July 2020 - 5:21 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Surge8 July 2020 - 1:03 pm